GREY HAIR TIPS
BY TOP LONDON HAIR STYLIST
‘Last year, I took the plunge and decided to go grey and it’s such a relief. I was colouring my hair once at week and was spending more time in the chair in my salon than many of my customers! But whether you decide to go grey and gorgeous or stick with a colour, here are my top tips on how to embrace (or colour) your grey hair, keeping it healthy and glossy.’
Richard’s transformation from brunette boy-next-door into sexy silver fox!
Tips for Grey Hair
- Thinking about colour? Colouring grey hair is very personal and depends on how you feel about it. There is no denying that grey hair is a sign of ageing, but it can be very flattering and suit some people well; if you’re unsure, have a colour service like balayage which blends your greys with another shade for a more natural look.
- The texture and shape of grey hair can change – it might feel coarser, drier and could even grow in a different pattern! Help combat this by investing in a good quality shampoo, conditioner and serum to help nourish the hair and keep it smooth and glossy.
- When colouring your hair, it’s important to consider your skin tone and choose the right hues. Lighter shades can be more youthful and require less upkeep than darker tones, as they have less visible regrowth.
- If you struggle to style your hair, a regular salon blow dry is a great investment to ensure it stays looking at its best.
- Avoid washing your hair every day as this can strip it of its natural oils and can lead to hair becoming more dry.