There are some really fab dresses out there for curvy girls this summer. Statement prints are big this season or keep it plain with a hot pop of colour. Plus, there are some real bargains to be had. There’s our summer edit of fantastic frocks that will accentuate and highlight your lovely curves.
- Wrap dresses (as most of you probably know already) are super-flattering for curvy girls. They accentuate the cleavage and pull in the waist, whilst also skimming over curves, rather than clinging to them. This lovely bluey-green print number from Misguided will take you from day to night. It has long sleeves, so not for really hot summer days but the fabric is breezy so you won’t overheat. Plus it is only £28 in the sale. Buy it here.
2. This summer frock from Simply Be is glamorous but easy to wear. We are loving the pattern and its combination of beautiful, hot, summer colours. Plus, we like the cold shoulder sleeves, a style that always works. If you want to look fantastically tropical in the summer heat, invest in this dress now! Even better it’s currently reduced from £45 to just £31.50. Buy it here.
3. Even on cloudy days you will look sunny in this dainty dress from Simply Be. With its neck and shoulder-flattering bardot neckline. Yellow is a colour that many people find a bit scary to wear – especially those of us who spend most of the time swathed in black. But give this one a go. You won’t regret it. It is just £35. Buy it here.
4. So you HAVE to have curves to rock a dress like this one – with its Romany vibe. It will look great with sandals or heels so easy to wear in the day or the evening. Team with some big gold hoops if you really want to bring out your inner gypsy. Great cold shoulder sleeves and ruffles around the hem make this one of our best buys of the summer. It’s good value at £38.50 from Evans. Buy it here.
5. We love the unusual art-inspired dreamy print on this dress. Even if you’re stuck at home, in lockdown, it will make you think of holidays. It’s a great shape too. You could even belt it if you felt in the mood. But, in the summer, better to let it flow. It’s just £38.50 from Evans. Buy it here.
6. This is one. sexy. hot. dress! It is guaranteed to get you noticed. We like the sculpted cleavage and cap sleeves. Also, it skims not clings so you won’t be worried about having a bit of dinner while you’re wearing it. For such a hot number it is also great value – just £35 from Simply Be. Buy it here.
7. A floral tea dress is a must for your summer wardrobe. Throw it on for instant glamour, even if you’re just heading to the corner shop. You can wear with flats or dress up with heels and feel and look lovely all day long. We’re very fond of this pink midi by Billie and Blossom. It’s on sale at Dorothy Perkins, reduced to just £17.50 from £35. Buy it here.
8. Lilah maxi – multiway dress. This lovely swirly pattern is all over the Boden website. You might fancy the shirtdress in it as well. We do, love, love, love this one though. It’s multiway so you can wear it in 5 different ways – including flattering halter neck (as in the pic). It is quite fitted but the team at Boden have cunningly added some features so that it fits, rather than clings. The price is £90 but given that you get five ways to wear it, that works out at just £18 per style! (if that makes sense)…Buy the dress here.
9. Statement prints are everywhere and we love this one with its array of exotic-looking flowers. It’s a great shape that’s easy to wear and as with many of the dresses we’ve chosen here, it’s one that you can just sling and and it will look great. Buy it from Evans for just £35 (reduced from £50) here.
10. And finally…what’s not to love about this cool, zebra striped linen number from Simply Be. Many of us will be holidaying at home, this year so why not invest in this so you can dream of the plains of the Serengeti. It flatters with the bardot neckline and elasticated waist and will look great with some statement gold jewellery. Buy it for £35 here.